Saturday, July 23, 2011

Getting it right by getting left behind...

Funny thing how you end up finding out who you are. Yeah, you may have an idea of who you thought you were, but sometimes we're wrong about it. Way off. I'm speaking from experience.
 I had a great life until I went to South Carolina in 2008. House, cars, 2 beautiful children, and an absolutely gorgeous wife-to-be. We left Raleigh NC and went into SC for a change of pace.
 It turned out to be the beginning of the end. Or so I thought at the time.
 To make a long story short, we split up. I'll spare the detail because it's really long and drawn out, and practically boring to me anymore. As it turned out, it was probably one of the best things that could've ever happened to me.
 When things went bad, I was able to start working on 'me'. Something I hadn't done in years. I really didn't know who the hell I was anymore. I knew who I was supposed to be to 'her', but I had totally lost track of myself.
It's tough being a total stranger to yourself.
I eventually left the beach, and went inland, almost to the mountains of NC. Turned out I wasn't happy there either. Well that's when the re-discovery of 'me' began.
 Ending up in Beaufort SC, I was in heaven. It was beautiful there. The best of both worlds. Beach, and inland. I started back into photgraphy as a hobby, and started to get alot of comments about the things I was shooting. Not so much the things themselves, but the 'way' I shot them. I was told several times that some of the images 'spoke' to some people. That in a way, my shots touched people.
 Now I'm not by any means bragging. I just grab the camera and 'shoot'. That's it. Nothing major. No schooling, just a simple guy with a cam. But it's nice to know that my shots are appreciated. That means alot to me. Just knowing that someone else truly admires my work is worth more to me than anything.
 I wish I could sit here, and list the numerous people that have influenced me, and given me the encouragement to keep going. I'm not quite sure if this is what I was put here to do, but at any rate, I'd like to try and leave a mark. Starting with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment